Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Discover a Different Meaning

Discover a Different Meaning
            Hi my name is Andrew Mangual. My blog is called “Looking Deeper”. Two things that I love and include in my blog is football Hip Hop. I am a very deep thinker when it comes to writing. I like to analyze a deep topic deeply so I can fully understand the true meaning of it and also talk about it in an abstract way in which most people would not think about if they were presented with the same topic I was presented with.  Every object and topic can be interpreted in many ways. The way you interpret a topic is based on what you are trying to look for or get out of the topic and also how it relates to your life or thoughts.           
            In all of my writings I was given a topic in which I deeply analyzed it, gave it an abstract meaning or interpretation and then connected it to my life. The topics I was given where literacy, what the film “The social network” speaks to, a cultural artifact, and mass media. For the topic of literacy I changed it to be interpreted as physical and connected it to football, my favorite sport. It is abstract be most people think of written words as literacy but I interpreted it as a way of expression. For the topic of the film “The social network”, I have thought about communities. The website Facebook, which is the main topic of the movie, has created a mass community on the internet. I am a part of the Facebook community. Most people think that communities are a geographical location but you can also be a part of a community on the internet. For the topic of a cultural artifact, I have chosen the Nike Air Force One sneaker. The Air Force One sneaker is more than just footwear; it tells a story about the community the person that wears them is from. I am a person who wears the Air Force One sneaker and that sneaker tells other people about the community I am from and a part of. For mass media, I have thought about materialism and consumption in the Hip Hop industry. Materialism and consumption is a huge issue in the Hip Hop community. I am a part of the Hip Hop community and I have noticed the materialistic lifestyle rappers talk about in their music has had an influence on me.
            I want to inform the reader that not only where all my writing are looked at in an abstract view and interpreted though my perspective but also that all the topic relate to each other based in the order they were put in. First I started off with literacy; I found a new meaning to the word literacy. Next was communities, the same way I gave an abstract view on literacy, I did the same to communities by relating it how the internet creates these new communities. After is my cultural artifact which was the Nike Air Force One sneaker. The Air Force One sneaker is popular in a community I belong to which is the Hip Hop community. Finally it is mass media; I connected mass media to the Hip Hop culture. Materialism is portrayed in the Hip Hop mass media in many ways. Consumption and materialism both have become a problem in the Hip Hop culture. I have connected my writing in order jumping from topic to topic but still making a clear connection. I have also included my two favorite things which are football and Hip Hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment