Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Focused Within

             The title “Looking Deeper” explains two things about my blogs. The first thing about my blog is that a I was given a concept to write about, I analyzed the topic and gave different stories that people would not think about when they usually think of the topic given. The topics that I analyzed very deeply were literacy, communities, a cultural artifact, and mass media. The second reason why I chose the title “Looking Deeper” is because I go from topic to topic and they all are related.
            The title “Looking Deeper” is great because I was given a concept to write about, I analyzed the topic and gave different stories that people would think about when they usually think of the topic given. I have included my own abstract perspective on each topic I was given. The purpose of this blog was to show people that when looking at writing or writing about a certain topic; you can be as creative as you want as long as your work makes sense to you as the writer and especially to the audience. For each topic I analyzed very deeply and discovered a new perspective and interpretation of literacy, communities, my cultural artifact which is the Nike Air Force One and mass media which was about materialism and consumption in Hip Hop culture.
            All of my topics were not only looked at deeply and interpreted in a different way but the topics all related to each other. The order in which I choose them was important. I started off with literacy; I found a new meaning to the word literacy. Next was communities, the same way I gave an abstract view on literacy, I did the same to communities by relating it how the internet creates these new communities. After is my cultural artifact which was the Nike Air Force One sneaker. The Air Force One sneaker is popular in a community I belong to which is the Hip Hop community. Finally it is mass media; I connected mass media to the Hip Hop culture. Materialism is portrayed in the Hip Hop mass media in many ways. Consumption and materialism both have become a problem in the Hip Hop culture. I have connected my writing in order jumping from topic to topic but and making the connection clear.
            My writing is intended to an audience of writers in general. Writers will learn to become more creative and to analyze topic deeply. Writers should have original ideas in their writing based on their interpretation and perspective on a given topic. Also by writing through your own interpretation or perspective, you can learn many things about you that you may not have discovered before.
            For the remix I chose to rework “Materialism and Consumerism in the Hip Hop Culture” with a video that opposes materialism and consumerism in the Hip Hop culture. The video is called "What they do" by The Roots I chose the video because I think materialism and consumerism in the Hip Hop culture is becoming a problem. I oppose materialism and consumerism in the Hip Hop culture but yet I still feed into it. The remix gives the audience a visualization of the writings and also the pictures and video help the audience not only understands each writing better individually but also understands the concept of the blog.      
          What I love about my work it that it is creative and it makes a reader think of things in this world differently. Moving forward with my work I see progression. I have progressed a lot as a writer. I have learned that by looking deep into a topic, it can be connected to any other topic one way or another. Before, I used to look at a topic and just think what the majority of the people would think about it. Now, I take my time to analyze a topic to find the deeper meaning or story behind that topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment